Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewing traffic details on an interface

darkbeatz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need more details of what is going over my serial interface on my router. I cant remember what the command is to enable logging on an interface so it grabs which protocols are going through it. Can anyone help?

thanks

Mick

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Mick,

You need to use ip nbar protocol-discovery command on the interface for getting the protocol statistic

you can also configure netflow globally and use the command ip route-cache flow under the interfaces and use either netqos or netflow analyser to analyse the traffic flow

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

netflow! thats the one cheers mate.

Mick

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mick,

Which router do you have and what is the IOS you are running on it.

Try enabling " ip accounting " on the serial interface and should show you the desired results.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008017d169.html#wp1091971

If you want granular reports, check the netflow support on your routers which will list all the top talkers along with the protocol being used.

HTH,

-amit singh

thank you mate.

I have a cisco 3825 running IOS 12.4

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco