Views
Helpful
Replies

vlan access-map not working on cisco router 3600

radarbackwards
Level 1
Level 1

im trying to emulate VLAN ACLs but when i try to type

vlan access-map on the global config, theres no such thing as this command, only vlan accounting

according to this site, cisco 3600 supports vlan access map

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/lanswitch/command/reference/lsw_u1.html

Cisco 3600 series routers, including models 3620, 3640, 3640A, 3660

here is our firmware

ROM: 3600 Software (C3640-JK9O3S-M), Version 12.4(16a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Sadly, none of images that run in GNS3 support VACLs. The VACL is a distinct switch feature, and GNS3 has no ability to emulate switches. I am sorry to disappoint you.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The URL you are referring to is a generic IOS command reference, and it does not take platform differences into account. It is not specific to your router.

Sadly, neither of the x600, x800 or x900 routers support VACLs by themselves (on their routed ports - it would not make sense, anyway), and I strongly doubt these VACLs are supported on (E)HWIC switching modules that can be plugged into these routers. Perhaps the SM switching modules supported on x900 series do have VACL support because these are autonomous switches with their own IOS image - but the 3600 series router never supported VACLs.

VACLs are commonly supported only on switches such as Catalyst 2960 (undocumented so far but working), 3560, 3750, etc.

Best regards,

Peter

hi peter, i was trying to simulate it on gns3, do you know any images that supports VACL?

Hi,

Sadly, none of images that run in GNS3 support VACLs. The VACL is a distinct switch feature, and GNS3 has no ability to emulate switches. I am sorry to disappoint you.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter;

Are there any platform that we can use VACLs?

Regards,
Burak

Hello Burak,

Are there any platform that we can use VACLs?

None that can be emulated in Dynamips/Dynagen/GNS3.

On real equipment, VACLs are supported on switches: Catalyst 2960 (so far not officially documented but tested to be working), 3550, 3560, 3750, 3850, 4500, 6500 (not an exhaustive listing of course). Also, to my best knowledge, Nexus switches should support VACLs.

Best regards,

Peter

You can configure Vlan access map in GNS3 using "vios_l2-adventerprisek9-m.03.2017" image.......

@radarbackwards wrote:

hi peter, i was trying to simulate it on gns3, do you know any images that supports VACL?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card