cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN is NoT Show IP

hoadotnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

When I type command show run for my switch 2950. It is shwoing vlan with no ip address. I have another pc connected to this switch (FastEthernet 0/9). It is also show no ip address. Would someone know why? This switch is connected to 1811 router. Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

You would either need to statically assign your IP address to both your Interface vlan and your pc, or configure DHCP so that your pc may get an address dynamically.

For the easiest mode of connectivity I would make sure that everything is in the same vlan and your router interface to the switch, your interface vlan 1, and your pc IP address is in the same subnet.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

You would either need to statically assign your IP address to both your Interface vlan and your pc, or configure DHCP so that your pc may get an address dynamically.

For the easiest mode of connectivity I would make sure that everything is in the same vlan and your router interface to the switch, your interface vlan 1, and your pc IP address is in the same subnet.

Is there document how to do this?

You need to know your topology. There are a lot of configurations that are associated with this. What does your network look like?

Hi Hoa,

IP address of a vlan interface(Active!) on cisco 2960 switch should be used for switch management. In your case if you don't do vlan implementation then the default gateway of each PC should be an ip address of interface on cisco 1811 router.

If vlan implementaion is involved then please check this link out!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk815/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800949fd.shtml

Hopes this helps

Thot

- Thanks for that link. It did work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco