cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN is nothing but a broadcast domain used for logically group devices and to isolate different types of traffic.

chandra_rc16
Level 4
Level 4

Is this correct ?

VLAN is nothing but a broadcast domain used for logically group devices and to isolate different types of traffic.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chandu

Regards, Chandu
4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, it is right.

Logically, A virtual LAN (VLAN) is a group of networking devices in the same broadcast domain.

Mor detail about VLAN:  http://www.9tut.com/virtual-local-area-network-vlan-tutorial

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chandu

No offense but you have already asked this question and received answers but obviously you didn't like the answers so you are reposting. It seems as though you simply want us to agree with your definition whether or not it is accurate in which case why bother posting in the first place ?

It's a broadcast domain so by definition it isolates broadcasts from one vlan to another so you are repeating yourself with the end bit so i'm not sure what you mean.

Jon

chandra_rc16
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks jon for the feedback. Actually I'm in such a situation that is causing me to re-post.

Please don't mind.

Regards,

Chandu

Regards, Chandu

chandra_rc16
Level 4
Level 4

The main thing that i'm hunting for is to explain about VLAN in a single line .

Just like the heading of the presentation.

Regards, Chandu
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: