Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN QoS

ciscopower
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I need some help with QoS with this scenario. Take a look at the attached.

There are 3 sites connected with 100Mbps LES circuits with a 3560 on each site.

I have configured STP priority to load share some of the traffic.

Vlan 100 is going to be used to route Voice and Data between site 1 and 2. I would like this to have priority over the other VLAN's

I would also like the Voice to have priority over the Data within VLAN 100.

VLANS 20-23 are just Layer 2 VLANS for some services between sites but I don't want them choking VLAN 100 in the case of a link failure.

I have QOS configured on each site for the LAN where the 802.1p is trusted for the Voice but I need some help with the other stuff.

Many Thanks in advance.

Phil

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Vlan 100 is going to be used to route Voice and Data between site 1 and 2.

I recommend having one Vlan for Voice and another Vlan for Data.

Having both traffic on the same Vlan is just a bad design all around.

As for QoS features within the 3560, you are quite limited. It's mainly used for marking traffic and it has limited queueing/prioritization options.

Please refer to the documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

shevchiksv
Level 1
Level 1

I think that you can create, for example, 1st queue(priority queue) for your voice and date vlans, mark it(vlan-based), and give priority before other type of traffic. As for ingress queueing you also have default 2 queue. So i suppose that 3560 has still sufficient queueing features

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: