cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN routing

vsanthosh105
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured two ports into two VLANs(VLAN20 and VLAN30) in each of the three L2 switches which are connected to an L3 switch. Rest of the ports are in VLAN1. The L3 switch is connected to the router ethernet interface. The subnets are here

VLAN 20 - 192.168.88.0/24

VLAN 30 - 192.168.89.0/24

Enabled routing in the L3 switch and found the communication between VLANs are working fine. But unable to reach VLAN1 nodes from those two VLANs. Also not able to reach the default router gateway and out to internet from those two VLANs.

VLAN 1 subet is 129.135.160.0/22 and the Router default gateway is 129.135.160.1.

I have configured default route also. Please help me out

4 Replies 4

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Can u verify the SVI of vlan1 is it up.

Is any port assigned in vlan1 is any device connected to it.

Do have a route in the router to reach this subnets.

In which vlan is u r router assigned.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hi,

Can you elaborate about SVI..where can I check whether it is up?

I configured ony two ports in VLANs and all other ports are in VLAN1.

I have a valid route configured in the router.

The port connected to router configured as no switch port mode.

You can do a "sh run" and paste it on here for us to see the current config. And using "sh int Brie" or "sh int Status" you should see if your interfaces are up. It just might be you didn't add the required subnets in your routing protocol thats why the VLans can't talk to each other.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Suggest you port or attach the config of the L3 switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card