Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
N/A

VLAN's not replicating over VTP

I am introducing a new switch to an existing network, however VLAN's don't appear to be propogating over VTP.

Core Switch - 4506 (192.168.10.1)

New Switch - 3 x 3750's (192.168.10.12)

The two are connected via a trunk:

4506 End:

interface GigabitEthernet2/20

description -- Link to Test Switch --

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

no logging event link-status

no keepalive

qos trust cos

end

3750 End:

interface GigabitEthernet3/0/1

description -- Link to SW_HH-01 --

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

end

Both are in the same VTP domain. The 4506 is a VTP server, the 3750 stack is a VTP client. There is no authentication on VTP.

I am able to ping each switch from the other, however still the VLAN's aren't replicating.

Can anybody advise what I may be missing?

Thanks,

Neil

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES

Can you post "sh vtp status" from both switches?

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Cisco Employee

Hello Neil,

I know it's probably almost rude to ask you to redo the verification but double-checking these things usually reveals the discrepancy causing these problems:

• show vtp status on both switches: make sure that none of them is in VTP Transparent mode. Further on, make sure that the new switch has a lower revision number. Also verify - once again - the VTP domain name. Is the VTP version identical on both switches?
  • show vtp password - make sure that whatever is set, it is set identically on both switches
  • show run | include vtp - make sure that no special VTP configurations are put into either of these switches

Best regards,

Peter

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks Peter - I had checked the password on the server, but hadn't bothered on the client. For some reason there was a VTP password set. Even though it only came out of the box a few moments ago...

Cheers,

Neil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content