Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Vlan Translations, 6500

Looking to verify if the version IOS on the 6500 will work. This is the document for 12.2SX

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/vlans.html#wp1044990

The version running is 12.2(33)SXI2a.   It has the appropriate cards, so just need to verify this version has the commands. I dont have direct access to ty them myself, nor attempt to walk someone through on a production switch.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Green

Vlan Translations, 6500

Hi,

From the IOS master commands link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/interface/command/ir-s7.html#wp3252950350

switchport vlan mapping

To map the traffic arriving on the VLAN original-vlan-id to the VLAN translated-vlan-id and the traffic that is internally tagged with the VLAN translated-vlan-id with the VLAN original-vlan-id before leaving the port, use the switchportvlanmapping command in interface configuration mode. To clear the mapping between a pair of VLANs or clear all the mappings that are configured on the switch port, use the no form of this command.

switchport vlan mapping original-vlan-id translated-vlan-id

no switchport vlan mapping { original-vlan-id translated-vlan-id | all }

Syntax Description

original-vlan-id

Original VLAN number; valid values are from 1 to 4094.

translated-vlan-id

Translated VLAN number; valid values are from 1 to 4094.

all

Clears all the mappings that are configured on the switch port.

Command Default

No mappings are configured on any switch port.

Command Modes

Interface configuration

Command History

Release

Modification

12.2(17b)SXA

Support for this command was introduced on the Supervisor Engine 720.

12.2(18)SXE

This command is not supported on GE Layer 2 WAN ports.

12.2(33)SRA

This command was integrated into Cisco IOS Release 12.2(33)SRA.

So 12.2.33SX is supported

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Vlan Translations, 6500

One last question. Using this configuration on the switchport connected to a router as a trunk port, packets on Vlan 20 will be translated to vlan 3967.

switchport vlan mapping 20 3907

The interface on the router, configured to do L2TPv3 tunneling(which is already tested and confirmed working on 3907), should allow servers on VLAN 20 to work with servers on the same IP subnet on Vlan 3907?

The interface on the router would be configured as

G0/0.3907

encapsulation dot1q 3907

xconnect 10.100.10.2 3907 pw-class Vlan20

Hi I faced an issue where i

Hi I faced an issue where i van apply the vlan mapping on the physical interface but not on the port channel.With physical interface the vlan transaltion working fine but when i add the physiacl ports into portchannel it fails.Any idea what is missing , appreciate if you guys can answer.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content