Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN trunk issue in 2924XL

zeeshan.a
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have configured VLANs on cisco catalyst 2924XL, the issue is that when i enable the trunk mode its status goes down...

any idea y?

4 Replies 4

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Zeeshan,

May be I am not able to understand your problem? Can you please rephrase and explain?

You created vlans in vlan database? and then you configured trunk on some physical port? and then whose status goes down? trunk status? Is something connected on trunk port?

Regards,

Ankur

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are talking about the layer 3 SVI's then you can only have one active SVI (interface vlan X) . This is to manage the switch only so you can only have 1 active at a time. If it is some other issue please explain .

hi

let me explain u in detail

i am creating 4 VLANs on 2924XL switch, the trunk port issue has been solved

bt only VLAN 1 is not shutdown, the other vlans automaticaly shutdown.

i am giving ip address to vlan 1 only, while the other vlans are not assigned any ip...

do let me know if need further info..

thnx in advance

Hi Zeeshan,

Is your concern that only vlan 1 is active and other vlans are automatically shutdown?

If yes that it is expected behavior because 2900XL switches are layer 2 switches and only one layer 3 interface can be active at a time just for management purpose other layer 3 interfaces will be shutdown automatically by an IOS.

If your concern is something else please come back.

Regards,

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card