cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VN Tag Question

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Why does the Cisco VN-tag model require that the interface virtualizer tag VM traffic?

Why cant the interface virtualizer track the MAC and IP addresses of the vNICs?

Tagging the traffic is even a requirement when a 1000v is used - why? What good is a switch if it cant track MACs?

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Victor

I have no idea as to the answer to your question but just wanted to say hello and assure you i am not ignnoring your questions

Don't take this the wrong way ie. i'm not being patronising at all, but i remember when i first started answering your posts about general L2/L3 switching, then we moved onto data centre stuff and dug more deeply into L2/L3 and service module designs etc. Now you moved on past me to be honest and i can't keep up with you.

Either i'm going to have to up my game somewhat or just accept that i'll never be able to answer any of your questions again

Hope your well.

Jon

Hey, Jon...

Im glad you stopped in to say hello. Its been a long time...

I wouldnt think for a moment that you are ignoring me. You have helped me tremendously on this site and for that I am always appreciative.

I also appreciate your flattering words, but I would hardly say Ive passed you anything, Its simply that my focus has changed to a very specific and specialized area as a result of my new employment,...

I hope youre feeling much better now that you have had some time to recover from your accident....

Be well, my friend

Victor

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card