cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP QOS

gbarden
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help configuring qos on my switches. I am new to VoIP and my company just implemented VoIP at one of our remote sites. We had some help from a Cisco partner but I am not confident that qos is implemented everywhere it should be. The Call Manager is installed at the headquarters location connected to a 3560. The switch interface is set to mls qos trust dscp. The headquarters 3560 switch connects to the remote site through metro ethernet. I have SVI's configured to route to each remote site. I also have one port trunking all the vlans to each remote site. I feel that there should be qos on the trunk port connecting to the remote site as well. Also, the remote site has a 3560 where the metro ethernet comes in with trunking enabled and an SVI for routing. The remote site has several buildings connected through fiber. This 3560 connects to a 2950 through fiber at another building which then connects to a 3560 with trunking. This 3560 has the Voice Gateway connected to it with mls qos dscp configured on it's port. From there a connection is made to another 3560 with trunking to the building that has the Cisco VoIP phones. This switch has mls qos trust device cisco-phone configured on the ports with the phones.

I know this is long and drawn out but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would recommend starting by taking a look at the QoS SRND. There are sections regarding classifying and marking traffic, Campus QoS, Link-speed specific WAN QoS, QoS specific to different switch types and many sample configurations. I think you'll find the information very helpful.

QoS SRND

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/solution/esm/qossrnd.pdf

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card