Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPC supported Access switches ??

Hello All

Can someone confirm what all the catalyst models support VPC with Nexus ? I knew Cat6K and 3750. Any other model supports VPC ? Can I configure vpc between 2960 and N7K ?

Thank You

Srikanth

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES

VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

All devices support it.  A vPC is nothing but a Portchannel that is connected from a server, or switch (can be any switch) to 2 different Nexus 5Ks. The device that is connected to both Nexus 5Ks thinks it is connecting to one device.

HTH

Silver

Re: VPC supported Access switches ??

Srikanth Lingala wrote:

Hello All

Can someone confirm what all the catalyst models support VPC with Nexus ? I knew Cat6K and 3750. Any other model supports VPC ? Can I configure vpc between 2960 and N7K ?

Thank You

Srikanth

Any switch which supports port-channels.

As far as the access switch is concerned, the uplink is just another port-channel - the Nexus does all the vPC work in fooling the access-switch into thinking it is connected to the same physical device.

So yes, you can configure a 2960 to a pair of Nexus 7k switches with the N7K's running in vPC mode.

Cheers.

Views
Helpful
Replies