Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN port pass through via cisco internet router

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Pros,

I installaed the vpn 3000 concentrator parallel to the pix firewall. in the outside public interface connected to the internet gateway inside segment.

PIX outside ip : 192.168.102.2

VPN 3000 concenor ip : 192.168.102.4

Gateway inside ip :192.168.102.2

The internet access using single public ip assigned to the gateway WAN ATM adsl interface.

I need to use the public ip for ssl vpn client to establish the vpn tunnel to the vpn 3000 concentor.

I need to know the router vpn port forwarding to pass through the vpn connection ot the inside concentraor.

Note :I confiured the vpn 3000 with all the settings. I will use the gateway public IP 194.123.12.21 to establish the tunnel.

What are the vpn ports needs to be opened.

please give me the commands with sample scenarios

Thanks

swamy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Swamy,

For SSL VPN port 443 is used, so you have to apply an ACL which will forwrad the traffic with the specified port.

In case as you want to terminate the SSL VPN on the concentrator, you will NAT the IP address of the concentrator with a public IP given by your ISP and then allow the traffic with port 443 to VPN concentrator only.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Swamy,

For SSL VPN port 443 is used, so you have to apply an ACL which will forwrad the traffic with the specified port.

In case as you want to terminate the SSL VPN on the concentrator, you will NAT the IP address of the concentrator with a public IP given by your ISP and then allow the traffic with port 443 to VPN concentrator only.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card