Helpful
Replies

VPN Question

visitor68
Level 4
Level 4

Folks:

This request was sent to me.

Im trying to wrap my head around the requirement this person describes.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

"It's a bit of a strange requirement and I can't get into specifically why we want it. We're not looking for a GRE or IPSec VPN - rather we want the properties of such a site to site VPN, however we want the transport to be SSL (not just TCP as I said earlier). Essentially we have other data (various types) that we want a black box to encapsulate in SSL."

1 Reply 1

k_srinadh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having little bit knowledge on SSL Black box.

By using SSLBlackbox you can connect to remote servers or build your own secure servers.

[Refer Attached Diagram]

In particular, SSLBlackbox includes a client-side component to upload and download files using FTP / FTPS protocol. Other operations defined by FTP protocol specifications are supported as well. Note: FTPS (FTP over SSL) is not SFTP, which is SSH File Transfer Protocol

One of the recent additions to SSL/TLS family of protocols is Datagram TLS ( DTLS ), which is very similar to TLS. DTLS is used to protect UDP-based or other message-based network communications such as stream audio and video delivery. SSLBlackbox is one of the few solutions to provide client-side and server-side DTLS support.

Unlike symmetric encryption, securing communications with SSL/TLS doesn't require that the sides know the shared secret (password/encryption key). Also, the public key security lets each side examine authenticity of the other side and prevent man-in-the-middle attacks. Another benefit of SSL/TLS is that PKI infrastructure is a widely-used technology, so implementation and maintenance of SSL/TLS-based solutions are quite simple tasks.

SSLBlackbox does not use CryptoAPI, OpenSSL or other third-party encryption library. For certificate creation, management and validation SSLBlackbox uses PKI Blackbox, base functions of which are included with SSLBlackbox package.

SSLBlackbox has been tested with numerous client-side and server-side SSL implementations, including Internet Information Server and Java 2 EE. SSLBlackbox includes special workarounds for SSL/TLS implementation flaws, found in this software.

SSLBlackbox is offered as an individual package and as a part of Professional, Standard and Transports packages.

Why to choose SecureBlackbox: Resons are as follows:

Security

Flexibility

Easy to use architecture

Flexible support policy

Readiness for use

Affordable licensing schemes.

Hope this Helps

Regards,

Srinadh.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card