Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN routes

foxbatreco
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I need to clear concept reg VPN routes.when we config and initiate a vpn the basis is considered to be the peer and the access list.

once the vpn is thru ,if we check the route table.there is only route related to the peer ip and no route for vpn apart frm tht.how is tht ? or is it tht once vpn tunnel is thru, it acts as directly connected at both ends and thus doesnt appear as specific routes

Please clarify.

Thnks.

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Are you talking about client VPN's here. If so only one route is needed (unless you are doing split tunneling). The route says to get to any network go down the VPN tunnel to the peer IP which is exacty what you want. So you don't need individual routes for each remote network because the path to all remote networks is down the VPN tunnel.

Hope this makes sense

Jon

Hii,

am talking about ipsec tunnel.if i do a ip route shud it show me the other network routes giving any indication tht its thru with a tunnel?

Thanks for your reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: