Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VRF understanding?

Hello Experts,

Im  a new bee to VRF. I have gone through some articles and could understand that you are virtualising a single router into many based on the VRF's defined.

I have a scenario where i want to understand how VRF routing table is Linked to Global routing table.

ip vrf INTERNET

rd 56211:10

interface GigabitEthernet6/46

no switchport
ip vrf forwarding INTERNET
ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.252

Interface Vlan 101

ip vrf forwarding INTERNET

ip addres 10.10.20.1 255.255.255.252

Interface Vlan 201

ip addres 10.10.30.1 255.255.255.252

Default route to access the internet ::

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.10.1.1  1

By above default route whether vlan 101 will be able to access internet?  If Yes, how vlan101 would be able to access internet as we brought the vlan under seperate VRF INTERNET. If no, what should be done keeping VRF config same making vlan 101 access internet.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks a lot

Sreekan th

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

VRF understanding?

Hi,

No it won't work this way, you have to do VRF leaking with the global routing table.

This is explained here:http://blog.ipexpert.com/2010/12/01/vrf-route-leaking/

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

3 REPLIES
Purple

VRF understanding?

Hi,

No it won't work this way, you have to do VRF leaking with the global routing table.

This is explained here:http://blog.ipexpert.com/2010/12/01/vrf-route-leaking/

Regards

Alain

VRF understanding?

Another query alain

1.  what is the  Difference between VRF and VRF lite with an config example & functioning will help me a lot .

This is out of the subject. but postin here.

2.  We have arround 10 sites connected with MPLS together to HUB site and every site Wan router is configured with DMVPN tunnel and inturn every site Core switch is  configured as GRE tunnel to HUB core switch. can i know whats the purpose of the GRE tunnel as we already have DMVPN. Note: we are running OSPF as dynamic routing protocl for all of the sites.

Regards,

Srikanth

Purple

VRF understanding?

Hi,

VRF Lite is VRF without MP-BGP so it is basically what you had, VRF is also used for MPLS VPN and then it is run along MP-BGP.

DMVPN is using GRE tunnels whether point-to-point or multipoint tunnels depending upon the DMVPN phase and if you want spoke-to-spoke connectivity without using the HUB.

Regards

Alain

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content