Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vss on 7600 series router

Hi

Do any of you know if it is possible to use vss on 7600 series router.

I know that the supervisor card 720 is compatible between 6500 and 7600.

But have Cisco removed the functions when the card is inserted in 7600?

4 Replies 4

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Within the Cisco Virtual Switching System, one chassis is designated as the active virtual switch and the other is designated as the standby virtual switch. It should be noted that there is no requirement that the two members of the Cisco Virtual Switching System use the same chassis type. The members consisting of the Cisco Virtual Switching System can be different chassis with varying slot counts. Additionally, note that no Cisco 7600 Series chassis will be supported after the system is converted to Cisco Virtual Switching System mode. The initial release of the Cisco Virtual Switching System supports only one Supervisor Engine 720-10G VSS per chassis. A subsequent software release will allow for redundant supervisors to exist in a single physical chassis within the VSS.

OK. Guess thats a no go.

My problem is that i have a redundant active/active 100Mbit connection at a remote site.

At the remote site i have a 3750 cluster and at the HQ i wanted to terminate the connection in a etherchannel to be able to utilize 200Mbit. The equipment for each connection is in different CDC's.

Our WAN is a Layer 2 fiber setup, delivered by Global Connect.

Does any of you have any ideas on how to utilize both lines without a 6500?

And preferably without doing loadbalancing with vlans etc.

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it's not possible. One of the VSS requirement is to run SXH version of code which is not supported in the 7600 hardware. 7600 hardware current code is SRC.

HTH,

__

Edison.

The last answer was on 2008, now the chassis supports the supervisor  VS-S2T-10G-XL

There is support for VSS on 7606-S / 7609S chassis, or still in process ???

had a great day . best regards, and rate if you'll find this post useful
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card