I have a 6509 switch with VTP mode as server. There are 20 no's of 2970 switches connected to it with VTP mode set to client and all switches are in the same domain. All the switches are trunked using dot1Q encapsulation and are communicating good under vlan 1.
There are 25 Vlans deployed in 6509 switch. Out of 20 no.s of 2970 switches only 16 switches are able to replicate all the 25 vlans from 6509 switch. There are no Vlans found in remaining 4 switches. What might be the problem? How to resolve it?
What happens if you set the VTP mode to transparent and then back to client again on the four switches refusing to pick up the VLANs? This sometimes helps jump-start VTP.
Failing that, compare the output of show vtp status on the Catalyst 6509 and one of the switches which fails to get its VLANs.
Make sure that:
- Configuration Revision on the Catalyst 2970 is not higher than on Catalyst 6509. If the clients configuration revision is higher than the servers, the clients VLAN database won't be updated.
- VTP Operating Mode is set to Server on the Cat 6509 and Client on the Cat 2970
- VTP Domain Name matches on both switches
Also make sure that if you are using VTP passwords the password is the same on both ends, or if you are not using passwords that the password is not set on both sides. Use show vtp password to check this.
1. Are you trunked between the switches you want to exchange VTP messages. Do a "show int trunk" command on the switches on both sides of the trunk.
2. Are you in the (exact) same VTP domain with the exact same password, if any - capitalization and spelling are critical. Do a "show vtp status" command.
3. You have to be running the same version of VTP (version 1 & 2 are incompatible. Most think they are running version 2, in fact they are running version 1 - you know because it says VTP V2 Mode: Disabled - this is the factory default. Where it says VTP Version 2 - that simply means you are V2 capable). This is usually not a problem because it is not changed (you would use V2 with token ring vlans). Do a "show vtp status" command.
This is actually a pretty cool feature, i didn't even know it existed until I was looking for a solution to advertise a subnet (prefix in BGP talk), only if a certain condition existed. This is exactly what conditional advertisements does
j ai une question j ai achete un routeur cisco 887VA-k9 , je le configuré avec la configuration ci- dessous
si je le lier avec mon pc portable sur l un de ses ports directement ça marche toute est bien ( la connexion internet + m...
Attached policy provides CLI access to the Cisco 4G router over text messaging. Two files are in the attached .tar file:
2. PDF with instructions on how to load and use the .tcl file.