cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VTP Issue

arun
Level 1
Level 1

cisco WS-C3750-48TS switch(vtp client) is not synchronizing with VTP server(4506 switch). Both server and client in same domain.how can i fix this.

client's configuration revision no is 0 and server's configuration revision no is 93.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

removing password in that new client switch is safe.. if server is not configured with password.. I just thought you may have other switches in your LAN connected to 4500 .. with no passwords and seting pw in server can brake vtp communications with others.

try removing vtp password in client switch..

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Do you have vtp password configured in server and not in client perhaps?

can you provide show vtp password from both the server and client .

Jorge Rodriguez

Client:

ManClk-BreakME-S02#sh vtp password

VTP Password: clk1

Server:

Manclk-Core-Sw1#sh vtp password

The VTP password is not configured

set the same password in client switch and should be good after that.

in client configure the password

(config)#vtp password clk1

I do appologize do not do that just yet... server is not configured with password is that the only switch you have as client or others.. if just one switch I would set password for both server and client..

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks a lot for prompt response. password is not configured in server. Hope removing password from client should fix the issue. Am i right?

removing password in that new client switch is safe.. if server is not configured with password.. I just thought you may have other switches in your LAN connected to 4500 .. with no passwords and seting pw in server can brake vtp communications with others.

try removing vtp password in client switch..

Jorge Rodriguez

i have 10 clients in the same domain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: