According to cisco documents, follwing would take place:
1) sw1 send summary adverstisement at multicast address.
2) sw2, receives the summary advetisement , check the domain name if it matches, then check if config revision number is higher than its own.
3) sw2 send the advertisement request.
4) sw1 receives the advertisement request
and send summary advertisement which this time contains the number which indicates the number of subset advertisements to follow this summary advertisement.
5) sw1 sends subset advertisement or advertisements
My questions are:
1) When sw1 send the summary advertisements first time, what the field" number of subset advertisements to follow" in summary advertisement contain? was it zero? if the field was not zero but contains the certain number, then sw1 should not send summary advertisement which contain
the number indicating the number of subset advertisements to follow in response to advertisements request from switch in client mode as switch in client mode knows how many subset advertisements to expect from sw1.
By default, Catalyst switches issue summary advertisements in five-minute increments. Summary advertisements inform adjacent Catalysts of the current VTP domain name and the configuration revision number.
When the switch receives a summary advertisement packet, the switch compares the VTP domain name to its own VTP domain name. If the name is different, the switch simply ignores the packet. If the name is the same, the switch then compares the configuration revision to its own revision. If its own configuration revision is higher or equal, the packet is ignored. If it is lower, an advertisement request is sent.
For the further description following URL ma help you :
Hi everyone, I would like to thank you in advance for any help you can provide a newcomer like myself!
Im studying the 100-105 book by Odom and am currently on the topic of Port security. I purchased a used 2960 and I'm trying to follow a...
While deploying a number of 18xx/2802/3802 model access points (APs), which run AP-COS as their operating platform. It can be observed on some occasions that while many of their access points were able to join the fabric WLC withou...
I am going to design and build an LAN network under a tunnel underground with long distance between the switches.
I will have 2 Catalyst switches and 8 Industrial IE3000, and they will be connected with fiber.
For now I am planning on use Layer-2 s...