Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

WAN connection for lab

I'm setting up a NA/NP lab. I know that most people recommend connecting a DCE/DTE cable to serial ports to simulate the WAN connections, but I have access to ADTRAN CSU/DSU boxes that I could also simulate this with. Which is the better option to go with? I know I wouldn't have to set the clocking speed with my setup....

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: WAN connection for lab

For Lab, Back-to-Back (DCE/DTE)is MUCH, MUCH easier. Personally, I haven't had the need to use real CSU/DSUs for WAN connection.

__

Edison.

Edison, I agree with you that I don't *need* to use the CSU boxes, it's just that I don't have the DCE/DTE cables, while I do have the CSUs and know how to set them up. I just wanted to know if I was missing out on anything else by configuring my network WANs this way.

/rls

Hall of Fame Super Bronze

If that's the case, then sure go ahead - you can use the external CSUs on this case :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content