cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WDS/RIS and Cisco DHCP options

durgeshk
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured DHCP service on cisco 3560 switch and I want to deploy WDS/RIS in my network. Now I have to configure our Cisco DHCP Server so that I can use PXE to install and capture Windows OS Images but I have to configure option 60 for that. This is easy in Microsoft DHCP server. Please help me to resolve this in switch level configuration.

2 Replies 2

iyde
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

Do you mean that you have a DHCP server on the Cat3560 switch and want option 60 to be configured on that one?

Have you tried to configure "option 60 " in dhcp server configuration submode, i.e.:

conf t

ip dhcp pool

option 60

Or is it something completely different you are asking for?

HTH, Ingolf

tdavis85
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same issue and tried the options, but what fixed it for me was adding the next-server command on the DHCP pool instead of using the ip helper on the SVI.  Everything I've always read said to use the ip helper but how I was able to get it to work is to set the 
next-server (PXE server address and DP address)

option 60 ascii "PXEClient"

Adding those two commands to the DHCP scope fixed it for me.  I know this is an old thread but hopefully it helps others in the future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card