cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

We experience packet loss on one of our 4 Tengigabit interfaces bundled in portchannel between 2 VSS.

george-tonev
Level 1
Level 1

We experienced packet loss on the one of our 4 Tengigabit interfaces bundled in port channel between 2 VSS. Both VSS are not connected directly via the respective 4 links which are building the channel. Between them exist an Intrusion Prevention System which is working in transparent mode. What could cause that issue?

5 Replies 5

Robert Falconer
Level 1
Level 1

Has the IPS always been there? Has the packet loss always been there?

Have you replaced the optic and/or cable? I recently had an issue with an optic that caused something similar.

1 month ago there was a network failure by partial packet loss, which can only be eliminated by switching off one of the 4 links. There was / is no sign why packets are lost, the solution could only be found by trial + error. We could assume that the IPS has always been there.

So have you replaced the optics and cable on the single link that's causing the problem? Since it's in a port channel, as long as you can get by on 30gb temporarily, it should be non-disruptive.

Well,

I need to clarify that with my colleague.

I believe on Monday I will know much more than now.

WILLIAM STEGMAN
Level 4
Level 4

If the IPS is inline, have you checked the interfaces statistics of the IPS ports that make up the inline interface?  Are your switch interfaces reporting any errors? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card