Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Web script to pre-load lab configurations?

Hello -

I volunteer my time and my lab equipment (routers and switches) to provide some training/instruction to some high school kids in my neighborhood.

I have "pods" that consist of some older routers and switches and all devices are connected to a 2511 that I use as a terminal server.

The way that the "students" access my equipment is via a VPN concentrator that authenticates them, and then permits them to the isolated lab network.  They open up a Putty session to the terminal server and then use reverse telnet to access my hardware.

I have created a couple of "labs" for them to work on - but these labs require that I pre-configure some aspects of the devices.  This takes time for me when they want to work a different lab - I have go into the devices, erase the current confgurations, and pre-load some other configurations.

This got me to thinking.....it would be really nice to have a web page where these guys can just click on a button that says "lab 2" and behind the scenes, a script runs that opens up a Putty session to my terminal server and sends commands to the terminal server that sets the configurations of the devices - automating what I have to do manually right now.

I can create simple HTML pages but I do not have the skills to write the script to do this.

Does anyone have a script that they would be willing to share?

Jeff                  

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content