Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

weird 3750 stack ,

our client have a c3750-stack by using the stack-wise cable,, there is 6 c3750 stack as 1 switch. we enable the port-security in all the ports for user. the problem is the port random erri-diabled by the mac-address. this mac-address actully learn from another port. for example, f2/0/24 is erri-disable,casue this is by aaaa.aaaa.aaaa,, and this mac-address actully learned from f5/0/43.

after I sh/no-sh the port ,, the port is back to normal.but few hours later,, this thing happened again , and this time ,it is another 2 port involved in.

need help from you guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: weird 3750 stack ,

We had a similar problem and as part of an additional ssh problem we installed the latest IOS (122-50.SE). Fixed ssh and the problem you mention above.

4 REPLIES

Need more info from you..

1. what is the current aging time set for port-security?

2. For the mac-addresses in conflict that's shutting down the port, what device is it? Laptop?

3. Do you have "sticky" option enabled? From what you described, I think not, but I just to make sure. Don't enable "sticky" option unless you've a real business needs for it.

4. Is it the same mac-add that has been causing the problem or different mac-addresses every time?

5. Sounded like the problem arose after you implemented port-security, is it correct?

6. Can you post the switchport config?

Good luck.

thanks for your reply

here is the information:

1. what is the current aging time set for port-security?

it is default setting

2. For the mac-addresses in conflict that's shutting down the port, what device is it? Laptop?

yes,,ladtop,,some of them running VM

3. Do you have "sticky" option enabled? From what you described, I think not, but I just to make sure. Don't enable "sticky" option unless you've a real business needs for it.

no,we don't enable that feature

4. Is it the same mac-add that has been causing the problem or different mac-addresses every time?

no, it is random mac-address.

5. Sounded like the problem arose after you implemented port-security, is it correct?

no, we have run this stack for 3 weeks, and this issue just came last weekend.

6. Can you post the switchport config?

just for example,portf1/0/24

int f1/0/24

sw mo acc

sw acc vlan 74

sw port

sw port max 1

sw port violation restrict

spanning portfast

spanning bpduguard enable

------------------------------------

thx

We had a similar problem and as part of an additional ssh problem we installed the latest IOS (122-50.SE). Fixed ssh and the problem you mention above.

finnaly , we catched the bad guy,, who is act as a bad dhcp server,,but thanks guys

Views
Helpful
Replies