Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird ME-3400 issue

Jesse Hottle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I got a ME-3400-24TS-A 12.2(25)EX1 that has a weird and to me unexplainable problem with ethernet negotiation. Switch is not doing any L3 and has basic software image.

F0/1 - connected to microwave backhaul bridge attached to cisco router

linked 100mbps auto / full duplex

port-type nni

G0/2 - fiber connection to noc cisco router

port-type nni

What happened is the wireless backhaul failed and was replaced. Replacement backhaul was setup with different IP than failed backhaul but on the same subnet as the switch vlan1. No other vlans created on this switch, vlan1 for management purposes.

Connected NEW backhaul ethernet interface, also setup to 100 / full auto (tried hard setting 100 full on both radio and switch port)and no difference.

From NOC router (connected to G0/2 on this switch) could ping and telnet to switch IP but could not ping backhaul IP address. From a telnet into the switch could ping backhaul interface at 1ms. No interface errors of any kind.

Connected backhaul to a linksys switch, linksys switch to same ME-3400 switch port, and preseto could ping the backhaul ehternet interface. Disconnected the linksys switch and reconnected backhaul to same switch port, and again, Presto now I could ping the backhaul IP.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen? I am stumped on this one.

Thanks,

jhottle

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Your Replacement backhaul was setup with different IP than failed backhaul but on the same subnet as the switch vlan1 so that is not any problem

Below URl which will help you for the configuration for the ME3400 switch

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3400/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swvlan.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card