Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird problem with SRW2048

citynetgr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a serious problem with my SRW2048 switch. Most of the time, I have packet loss and very high ping times when pinging the switch's internal IP:

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.3:

Packets: Sent = 15071, Received = 10433, Lost = 4638 (30% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 4078ms, Average = 1814ms

Because of this, I cannot navigate normally either to its web interface or via telnet.

However pinging directly to the terminals seems to be normal, although some terminals lose connectivity out of the blue and come back after a while. Their cables were tested and found fine.

I am using the latest 1.2.2 firmware. I have also tried to remove all the cables from the switch and keep just one to my laptop, so as to check the ping times. The result was more or less the same (lost packets again and high ping times), although if I connect every cable on the switch (approximatelly 30 different PCs) the ping times are higher.

Rebooting the switch also didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas before seeking for service?

Thanks a lot.

1 Reply 1

sobers
Level 1
Level 1

If your config is not too complex, maybe do the reset to factory settings thing from the terminal. Just a guess. I did that on my SRW224G4 and it didn't really seem to reset all config, but it did dump the vlans and stuff. That reminds me, now that its working, time to back it up!

jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card