cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what command on switch to find out the router logical int.

StellaYin5
Level 1
Level 1

May you let me know how can I find out the logical interface on a router from a switch.

I have a server that is currently cannot be remoted into. I suspect that the server cannot talk to the gateway. I log into the switch and find out what is the VLAN # that the server belongs to. From here how can I find out the the logical interface on the router that this VLAN belongs to. Because I want to see the configuration on the router for this VLAN and the ip to confirm the gateway IP for this VLAN.

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

The command is: show cdp nei detailed

Then you can check the interface which is connected to the vlan where the server is.

regards,

Leo

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

Once you find out which VLAN server belongs to in the switch then you log into the router and run the following command on the router:

"show ip int br"

That command will show you all the physical and logical interfaces and then once you find the logica interface for that particular VLAN simply runn the command:

"show runn interface interface-name"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: