Views
Helpful
Replies

WHAT IS THE DEFAULT USER AND PASSWORD FOR LINKSYS SRW2024P BUSINESS SERIES

Rolf Pacleb
Level 1
Level 1

Good day!

just recently upgraded the firmware of srw2024p business series switch to Sx200_FW_1.3.2.02.ros

when i open my switch through my browser using the default user and password (user:admin, password:admin) the switch rejected it, it seems that

the default user and password is invalid. Anyone knows the default password for this switch?

already tried:

user: cisco password:cisco

user:admin password: blank

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rolf,

3 ways been discribed and if it is not working then try reseating te password:

A- SRW2024P Default Password & Other Default Login Data

VersionDefault UsernameDefault PasswordDefault IPPrivileges
Alladmin[none]192.168.1.254Administrator

B-

Linksys SRW2024 Default ip user name and password

Ip         192.168.1.254 Username   admin Password       admin

C-

Username ; admin password: leave blank.

2-

Also you can try reseating the password:

In order for you to reset the SRW224G4P you need to use a Data cable and use the console port of the switch. Once you are on the Console screen you could do a hardware reset. I was able to find these from the linksys Kbase a detailed walkthru on how to do password recovery.  Go to http://kb.linksys.com and search

How do I recover the password of my switch? Below is the result of the search.

If you do not know or have forgotten your password to get into the switch’s configuration interface, you may try running the Password Recovery. This is a solution which allows the user login to the switch using its default username (“admin”).

Performing Password Recovery (Accton Switches - SRW224P, SRW2024P)

Step 1:
Connect to the console port using terminal emulation parameters (typically 38400, 8, 0, 1, None).

Step 2:
Reboot switch by unplugging the power.

Step 3:
Hold down Ctrl U while rebooting to display Menu.

Step 4:
Select [D] Delete file.

Step 5:
Type “startup-config” (be sure that this is the ONLY file that you delete – if you delete other files, you will have to reload the firmware)

Step 6:
Now, you have erased the configuration file and you should be able to reboot and login with the default username and password.

Performing Password Recovery (Marvell Switches - SRW2016, SRW2024, SRW2048, SRW224G4, SRW248G4)

Step 1:
Connect to the console port using terminal emulation parameters (typically 38400, 8, 0, 1, None).

Step 2:
Reboot the switch by unplugging the power.

Step 3:
After viewing PASS on the screen, Press ESC on your keyboard to display the BOOTmenu.

Step 4:
Select [3] Password Recovery Procedure.

Step 5:
You can now login to the switches with the default username and password.

NOTE: Be sure to change the password to something you can easily remember. After rebooting, the default password will not be accessible unless you add it back to the list of passwords. The passwords will be restored to the passwords configured on the switch

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Plz rate if this is helpfull.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rolf,

3 ways been discribed and if it is not working then try reseating te password:

A- SRW2024P Default Password & Other Default Login Data

VersionDefault UsernameDefault PasswordDefault IPPrivileges
Alladmin[none]192.168.1.254Administrator

B-

Linksys SRW2024 Default ip user name and password

Ip         192.168.1.254 Username   admin Password       admin

C-

Username ; admin password: leave blank.

2-

Also you can try reseating the password:

In order for you to reset the SRW224G4P you need to use a Data cable and use the console port of the switch. Once you are on the Console screen you could do a hardware reset. I was able to find these from the linksys Kbase a detailed walkthru on how to do password recovery.  Go to http://kb.linksys.com and search

How do I recover the password of my switch? Below is the result of the search.

If you do not know or have forgotten your password to get into the switch’s configuration interface, you may try running the Password Recovery. This is a solution which allows the user login to the switch using its default username (“admin”).

Performing Password Recovery (Accton Switches - SRW224P, SRW2024P)

Step 1:

Step 2:
Reboot switch by unplugging the power.

Step 3:
Hold down Ctrl U while rebooting to display Menu.

Step 4:
Select [D] Delete file.

Step 5:
Type “startup-config” (be sure that this is the ONLY file that you delete – if you delete other files, you will have to reload the firmware)

Step 6:
Now, you have erased the configuration file and you should be able to reboot and login with the default username and password.

Performing Password Recovery (Marvell Switches - SRW2016, SRW2024, SRW2048, SRW224G4, SRW248G4)

Step 1:

Step 2:
Reboot the switch by unplugging the power.

Step 3:
After viewing PASS on the screen, Press ESC on your keyboard to display the BOOTmenu.

Step 4:
Select [3] Password Recovery Procedure.

Step 5:
You can now login to the switches with the default username and password.

NOTE: Be sure to change the password to something you can easily remember. After rebooting, the default password will not be accessible unless you add it back to the list of passwords. The passwords will be restored to the passwords configured on the switch

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Plz rate if this is helpfull.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card