cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where are the ACLs applied ,,any command ?

raghum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Suppose we have many ACLs in a cisco router with lot of interfaces. Though we can see ACLs, we cannot figure out where they are applied, until we browse through the interfaces or running congfig. Any command to list a summary of ACLs along with where they have been applied ?

Thanks for spending your valuable time.

5 Replies 5

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

You need to use

Router# show ip access-list interface FastEthernet 0/0

Hope that helps

~JG

Jagdeep, that command does not exist :(

Hi,

This commands was added from 12.4(6)T. The interface interface-name keyword/attribute pair was added. The in and out keywords were added.

Hope that helps ;)

Regards

~JG

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no way i know of to see that , always thought the same as you though it would be a real time saver if they had something "show access-list applied" or something like that . If you were real diligent you could a description on each one where it was applied but most people don't have that kind of time.

Sorry, I am visiting this space after a long time.

yes, adding some kind of description/comment would help. But thats not reliable at times as you said.

I am not sure if we can create some sort of macros/script to customise such requirements with cisco devices as we do with unix machines ? :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card