Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is this ip located?

dan_track
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm seeing the following on my firewall which serves as the default gateway for my network:

%ASA-3-305006: regular translation creation failed for icmp src inside:10.224.102.60 dst outside:10.189.0.10 (type 0, code 0)

the range 10.244.x.x doesn't even exist on my network. I'm stuck scratching my head because whatever this is is hitting the firewall frequently. Can someone please suggest how I can start to track where this is coming from?

Many thanks

Dan

3 Replies 3

fvalpondi
Level 1
Level 1

It is a private address.....

Try doing a traceroute, let's see if you can guess which interermediate devices are there ....

Thanks for the reply. The only thing is that there isn't a route for that ip to the inside zone, so when doing a traceroute from the firewall the trace goes to the default gateway i.e the outside interface (internet), which is wrong.

Any traceroute on my inside switches doesn't work as there isn't a route for the subnet, so traceroute won't work there either.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

Is there any way that the subnet could possibly be on the other end of a tunnel? Do you have tunnels that terminate to the ASA by chance?

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card