Level 6
Level 6

Which Cisco Router should use to run bgp as 1. Customer 2. Medium ISP

---

Posted by WebUser Romeo Zahedul Hoque from Cisco Support Community App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph,

The line of questioning doesn't sound like this is a legitimate post.  It sounds more like someone doing his schoolwork.

Hope I'm wrong with this. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Which Cisco Router should use to run bgp as 1. Customer 2. Medium ISP

That's a loaded question.

The question you should be answering first is what is the size of the bandwidth (total) this router is suppose to service?

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

I do not have much knowledge on this, can you please assume a standard value"bandwidth (total)" for 1. customer and for 1. Medium ISP.

---

Posted by WebUser Romeo Zahedul Hoque from Cisco Support Community App

I do not have much knowledge on this, can you please assume a standard value"bandwidth (total)" for 1. customer and for 1. Medium ISP.

NO. 

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I agree with Leo, as far as I know there's not typical or standard size for a "Medium ISP".  Sizing is dictated mainly by amount of traffic the device will need to deal with.  Additionally, you need to consider the number and kind of interfaces. Also for an ISP BGP usage, likely the device will need to deal with full Internet BGP tables, but there could be multiple BGP peers.

Joseph,

The line of questioning doesn't sound like this is a legitimate post.  It sounds more like someone doing his schoolwork.

Hope I'm wrong with this. 

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Far too many factors to consider before providing an answer.

How much money do you have to spend for a start?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card