cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Compact Flash For 2801?

dev602680006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, seasons greetings to you all.

I have access to some Cisco equipment through work, one of which is a 2801 router. It doesn't have a memory card however and there's no possibility of me getting one though work. So, I was thinking of just buying one as it's for my benefit at the end of the day.

What I want to know is, does it matter to use the Cisco branded Compact Flash cards? Or can I use a more generic one, or even another branded one such as Kingston for example? I've been looking around on the net for the info but haven't really come across much.

The Cisco branded cards are very expensive, although I have seen a 64MB one on Ebay for £2.50 buy it now, I need a 128MB as I will be using the router as a Call Manager Express and need lots of memory for the phone firmware etc.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dev.

1 Reply 1

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have seen it work with generic flash , we used a camera flash card and it worked once it was formatted on the specific machine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card