Helpful
Replies

Which feature set supports TFTP?

ciccio4242
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

which feature set supports TFTP?

To solve my problem with ISDN, I've tried to install a IP BASE feature set of the last IOS GD for 1721. I installed it via tftp (copy tftp flash) and all was ok

When I tried to restore the old image, the same command (copy tftp flash) gave me an error, and I had to restore it via Xmodem.

Are there some feature set that does not support this, or there's something wrong with my router?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

Copy is a very basic command and not a particular feature so it should work on normal basic image also.

When you trie "copy tftp flash" what message or error you got?

Regards,

Ankur

I don't remember well, but it was something saying that it could not open /connect tftp site, while tftp server was working fine (I've tested it at the same time with another router on the same LAN)

Since I probably need to reflash my router for another problem I'm experiencing (see: http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Remote%20Access&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddc8168), I'll let you know what error is.

Ciao

Francesco

As Ankur says, support for TFTP is indeed very basic and there is not any feature set that I know of that does not support TFTP. If you attempted TFTP and got an error there was something wrong in the setup, the specification of the server or of the file to load, or something like that but it is not that TFTP is not supported.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card