Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which port relates to Phyport 28?

Hello,

one of our WS-C4503 switches announces the log message

%C4K_HWPORTMAN-4-BLOCKEDTXQUEUE: Blocked transmit queue HwTxQId1 on Switch Phyport 28, count=6756

Does anybody know how I can find out to which port Phyport 28 relates?

Best regards,

Thorsten

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thorsten,

In some releases and IOS error messages displays Phyports instead of actual ports and interfaces. Phyports are internal ports which are mapped to actual physical ports.

You can issue a command "show platform mapping ports" and check your phyport 28 is mapped to which physical ports on your switch.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

%C4K_HWPORTMAN-4-BLOCKEDTXQUEUE: Blocked transmit queue HwTxQId[dec] on [char], count=[dec]

A transmit queue on a port is blocked for reasons other than "paused." Bad hardware could cause this problem.

Recommended Action: Contact your technical support representative.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a00801434de.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_field_notice09186a008011764d.shtml

2. %C4K_HWPORTMAN-4-BLOCKEDTXQUEUE: Blocked transmit queue HwTxQId[dec] on [char], count=[dec]

This rate-limited message indicates that a transmit queue and traffic on a port is blocked or limited for reasons other than being "paused". You may see the blocked transmit queue message if the supervisor engine is not able to send packets to the switching module because it received a busy bit from the switching module. A hardware failure or a speed/duplex mismatch can cause this problem.

Recommended Action: Configure both sides of the link to autonegotiate for speed and duplex. Issue the shut/no shut command to recover the port. If the problem persists, move the connected device to another port and see if the problem happens there. If neither of these solves the problem, issue the hw-module reset command in order to reboot the switch and reset the line card. You could also upgrade the the Cisco IOS version to the 12.2(25)EWA2 or 12.2(25)SG releases.

Thanks,

satish

Hi,

I already found this notes in the error decoder but it does not answer my question because there isn't mentioned how I can associate the Phyport 28 to a normal switch port.

Regards,

Thorsten

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thorsten,

In some releases and IOS error messages displays Phyports instead of actual ports and interfaces. Phyports are internal ports which are mapped to actual physical ports.

You can issue a command "show platform mapping ports" and check your phyport 28 is mapped to which physical ports on your switch.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card