cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Switch Model Should I Have to Use??

CSCO11573131
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

I need a CISCO Switch... which have 12 ports for Fiber and 12 Ports for ethernet (gig ot 10gig).

kindly specify, whichn model is available, and which module have to use  for fiber..

thankyou..

P.S. I have seen 3560,3750 datasheets  , but didnt understand...

5 Replies 5

DuncanM2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adnan,

There's probably several ways to do and it all depends on your requirements i.e.

Stackable?

Layer 3 or Layer 2?

PoE or non PoE?

Redundancy?

A quick example of stacked configuration would be:

1 x WS-C3750X-12S-S

1 x WS-C3750X-24T-S

That would give you two switches with the following port capacity:

12 x SFP (Can take a varity of CISCO SFP's (1000 Base-T - Copper or 1000-BaseSX - Fiber). - Switch 1.

24 x 10/100/1000 Copper Gigabit + Optional expansion slot.

Without looking at expensive chassis soluitions there isn't a Cisco switch that combines 12 SFP & 12 Copper interfaces in the same unit. You have to mix & match units or mix & match line-cards in a bigger unit.

Any questions let me know.

Thanks,

Hi,

For that combination of 10G fibre and copper in the one switch you will need to look at the 4900M. See below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6021/ps9310/Data_Sheet_Cat_4900M.html

thankyou...sean

kindly read my reply to the duncan...

Thankyou duncan,

what i needed for, the switches...nothing to configure...actually have to use it as layer 2,but demand is Lyaer 3,

above all the options, i need only POE, doesnt matter stackable or not..

But having combination of both FIBER and Cat6 ethernet ports... if the combination is available like 12/12, then it will be good for me, other wise , have to buy multiple switches..

only ethernet and fiber ports..with poe..

Hi Adnan,

In that case I suggest the following:

WS-C3750X-24P-S, gives you 24 x Copper Gigabit with PoE.

and the:

WS-C3750X-12S-S to give you 12 SFP (Fiber) ports. - NOTE YOU WILL STILL NEED TO GBIC's SFP's as well.

Unfortunately as far as I'm aware there isn't a 12/12 combination in a single switch.

The above is only two switches to satisfy your requirements.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco