Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Will SNMP trap on a port channel member that is up/down?

Hello,

I have an issue with an interface that did not generate a ticket in our system when a member of a port channel went to up/down (line up, protocol down)state, as far as I can tell everything is configured correctly as far as SNMP goes, and I did confirm that a ticket was generated (SNMP trapped) when the interface went to a down/down state. My question is, is this default behavior? I have seen the issue in two separate machines. If it is normal behavior is there anything I can do to allow the interface to trap in an up/down state? Details below, thanks!

#sh int gi6/2
GigabitEthernet6/2 is up, line protocol is down (notconnect)

#sh int status | i 6/2
Gi6/2   To #############  notconnect   routed        full   1000 1000BaseSX

#sh run int gi6/2
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 120 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet6/2
description To ############# ge-7/0/1
no ip address
channel-group 2 mode active
end

snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart
snmp-server enable traps tty
snmp-server enable traps config

2 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Will SNMP trap on a port channel member that is up/down?

Make sure on the ports you have " snmp trap link-status" on all ports

and even on the  port channel SVI .  This should trap if the ports or the entire port ch

annel go down.

Re: Will SNMP trap on a port channel member that is up/down?

Thanks will give it a shot, isn't this a setting that is supposed to be enabled by default? Will see if explicitly enabling it on the interfaces makes a difference.

Views
Helpful
Replies