cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will SNMP trap on a port channel member that is up/down?

Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an issue with an interface that did not generate a ticket in our system when a member of a port channel went to up/down (line up, protocol down)state, as far as I can tell everything is configured correctly as far as SNMP goes, and I did confirm that a ticket was generated (SNMP trapped) when the interface went to a down/down state. My question is, is this default behavior? I have seen the issue in two separate machines. If it is normal behavior is there anything I can do to allow the interface to trap in an up/down state? Details below, thanks!

#sh int gi6/2
GigabitEthernet6/2 is up, line protocol is down (notconnect)

#sh int status | i 6/2
Gi6/2   To #############  notconnect   routed        full   1000 1000BaseSX

#sh run int gi6/2
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 120 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet6/2
description To ############# ge-7/0/1
no ip address
channel-group 2 mode active
end

snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart
snmp-server enable traps tty
snmp-server enable traps config

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure on the ports you have " snmp trap link-status" on all ports

and even on the  port channel SVI .  This should trap if the ports or the entire port ch

annel go down.

Thanks will give it a shot, isn't this a setting that is supposed to be enabled by default? Will see if explicitly enabling it on the interfaces makes a difference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: