Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wirelees topology for outdoor

Hello

We want to create a wirelees LAN for a big hotel with a unique SSID and password; In base of our research we find a Wirelees Controller 5500 but we have some questions:

1.-What is your opinion about this equipment?

2.-which APP and switch are compatible with this wirelees controller?

3.-We need an APP for outdoor which one is the best and compatible with this equipment?

4.- How can i know the range of the APP?

Thank you

• LAN Switching and Routing
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

What is your opinion about

What is your opinion about this equipment?

It is a reliable model. 

Which AP and switch are compatible with this wireless controller?
We need an AP for outdoor which one is the best and compatible with this equipment?

Depends on the firmware your controller is running.  You can start with all APs that support 802.11ac wave 1 and APs that support CleanAir.  Don't bother going "cheap" and getting APs that only support up to 802.11n because future firmware releases will no longer "support" them.  So APs to look for are AP2700 and AP3700.  Cisco will be releasing 3800 in the next few months. 

For outdoor, I'd recommend 1552U.  

How can i know the range of the AP?

Depends on the AP, the antenna and data rates.  But if you left everything to it's default value, you should get about 40 metres in a single direction when running 802.11b and about 25 metres on 802.11a.

Views
Helpful
Replies