cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless issues URGENT

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, I have a cisco wireless lan controller, with the cisco aironet lan pci cards, I keep getting microsoft event id 4201 errors, and they intermittantly go off and on, we have put the latest drivers and firware on both, does anyone know what this could be as im getting lots of people shouting at me ?

cheers

Carl

6 Replies 6

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Carl,

first of all: This question might be better placed in the Forum "Wireless - Mobility -> General".

Ok, now for me.

Your Environment:

1. You have a WLC (2000, 4400 or what)

2. What kind of AP

3. The Aironet cards are PCI CB21

The setup of the APs or WLC:

- Open authentication

- PSK

- EAP

Your event ID occurs e.g. when the NIC does have a network link but no network access.

Lets assume you have a WPA-PSK setup. If your PSK password is set to a wrong value in Windows you will get this message.

In wired environments i have seen this failure when a switchport failed or the NIC had a problem.

Did the APs ever run with the WLC before or is all of the hardware new?

Have a check on the Switchports and cables from the APs to the WLC! Try a show interfaces on the switches.

Maybe there is something wrong!

On the WLC (4402 in my case) have a look on "Monitor -> Ports" and then follow the "View Stats" link.

Also have a look in "Management -> Tech Support -> AP Log"

Hope that gives you the right hint!

Best regards,

Frank

Hi , the WLC is a 2000, the aironet cards are PCI CB21, they are using WPA-PSK. there are 4 AP'S. they are the small ones that cannot be managed, the clients keep getting drop outs and the 4201 errors.

Can anyone help

cheers

Carl

Has anyone got a fix for this ?

cheers

Carl

That looks ok, but I have 30 users on it and I dont think they will like doing this !!

it must be possible to solve this with logon scripts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card