Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless VLAN Clarification on 877w

Hi,

I'm looking to set up VLANs on a Cisco 877w (Base Image), AFAIK this should support 10 Wireless VLANs and 2 Wired VLANS

I have set up the Native VLAN as a Bridge and incorporates 3 of the switchports and the DOT11Radio0.1 Interface and works fine.

I have also set up Wireless interface Dot11Radio0.20 and this works too

My question is... do I need to add this VLAN20 to the VLAN database beforehand when it is a Wireless VLAN? as it seems to work OK without doing this.

i.e. conf t, vlan 20

Problem is if I do this and add the VLAN20 then I hit the limit and can't add my remaining wired VLAN30 that I wish to use for a Switchport Interface (get the message "Vlan can not be added. Maximum number of 2 vlan(s) in the database")

Also I have read the second VLAN needs to be a DMZ? is this correct? is so what limitations do I have when using this VLAN?

Many Thanks,

Chris

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Wireless VLAN Clarification on 877w

" do I need to add this VLAN20 to the VLAN database beforehand when it is a Wireless VLAN? as it seems to work OK without doing this." < ---

Hi Chris,

Depends on the version of your IOS. With older version of IOS, yes. Just to make sure, after you create the VLAN Interface, it pays just to do a "sh vlan".

"AFAIK this should support 10 Wireless VLANs and 2 Wired VLANS" < --- It should support more than 5 wired VLANs ... I think.

Re: Wireless VLAN Clarification on 877w

Thanks, when I do "sh vlans" it just shows the two Wireless VLans

Dot11Radio0.1

Dot11Radio0.20

When I do "sh vlan-switch" the VLAN20 does not appear but the VLAN30 does

I am running the latest IOS 12.4(24)T

Views
Helpful
Replies