Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WRR on NM-16ESW on 3640 Router

Hi,I am using a 16-Port EtherSwitch NM in a 3640 Router. I am trying to use it as layer3. For this I have configured it

with "no switchport" command. I want to know if it supports WRR(weighted Round Robin)or any other scheduling on

any of its interfaces while in layer3 mode as it does support WRR when in layer2 mode.Or if there is a way to configure WRR on it?

Its bcauz im testing different types of traffic behaviour using QoS.

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: WRR on NM-16ESW on 3640 Router

Hi Saif,

The ques are serviced on a WRR basis but default values of WRR cannot be changed.

There are currently no CLI commands to determine QoS information for WRR weights and queue mappings.

Have a look at this link to get to know more details on QOS on this module

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t11/ft1636nm.htm#wp1433681

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Since I have configured the switch ports to layer 3, im wondering whether the ports are using WRR or not. I saw the table on the link

"Table 2 Queues, CoS values, and Weights for Layer 2 QoS"

which emphasises on layer2.

I checked on my router & instead of the interface config mode, it is accepting "wrr-queue" commands in global config mode.

pls guide!!

thanx

I also have a 3640 with a an nm-16esw but I cannot get the router to recognize the network module at all. I have upgrade the IOS to 12.4 (IP Base) something but still no luck. What version of IOS are you running?

Thanks for any help.

Purple

Your version should work . Why do you think it is not working ? What do you get when you do a "show interface status or show interface switchport ??? These cards are considered a separate switch and will use conventional IOS "switch" commands .

Cisco Etherswitch Modules are supported in IP Plus or above in Cisco IOS releases 12.2T. Beginning with Cisco IOS 12.3 Mainline and 12.3T, the Cisco Etherswitch modules are supported in IP Base or above.

hello,

Its IOS release 12.4(1a).Besides as Glen said it should be detected,mayb u can try some other module in the router.

cheers,

saif

A "show interface" does not show the additional ports at all. Additionally, a "show diag" shows that there is a module installed but says that it is not supported.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content