Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WRVS4400N v2 hangs up while in P2P network (Torrent)

Hello,

First of all I would like to say sorry if I missed a similar thread, I really tried to find any possible information before this post.

Network configuration:

I have a Cisco WRVS4400N v2 with lastest firmware (2.0.0.8) router at home location. My ISP providing me with 100/100 Mbit fiber network. The structure is simple:

Fiber-->RJ-45 Converter-->Router-->Clients

As clients I have:

- Storage Server LAN

- Laptop LAN

- Laptop WLAN

- Media Center LAN

Also simple.. As it was suggested, I turned off IPS and it really helped. I can now see the download speed as 11-12 Mbps which is maximum of my ISP - appriciate that.

Problem description:

Well, with this huge speeds it's impossible not to use P2P network (in my case - torrents) for downloading. And it's working, but only for some period of time (different all the time) and it really doesn't matter what speed I had during the download, the result is the same - my router just hangs up after a while. Sometimes it take about 10-15 hours, sometimes 1-2 are more than enough. I loosing all my connectivity with all the resources (internal and external) and can't get any IP address from the routers DHCP.

Troubleshooting:

- Reseted to factory defaults

- Assigning DMZ to the computer which is downloading

- Firmware upgrade

- Replacement of ports/cables/network cards..

Result:

Nothing helps. Please help me out folks?

2 REPLIES

Re: WRVS4400N v2 hangs up while in P2P network (Torrent)

I have this exact same problem. last firmware.

It can go down in 10 hours or in 2hours. then the only thing I can do is reboot the router (connect/disconnect) the wan don't work.

Also the when this append the summary page of the router look slow.. it seem the router can handle torrent at all.. What a waste of money I thought I buy a pro-router with hight end fonctionaly.. but it's a expensive junk.

Also my torrent client is setup with only 200 connection and I set it to use half of my speed connection..

thanks,

Re: WRVS4400N v2 hangs up while in P2P network (Torrent)

Waiting since May 18, 2010... is there are any updates from staff? I know that it's sounds not serious with P2P networks, but this router is still your product which is still supported.

I really would like to hear a reply from an CISCO-authorized user.

Cheerz

/Alex

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content