cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2950-24-RF same or different than WS-C2950-24?

Timothyktech
Level 1
Level 1

Im looking to replace a switch i currently have with a m/n of WS-C2950-24, online i found a good replacement but the m/n has RF behind it, does this mean it is refurbished? what does the RF mean and would it effect my easy trasition of the startup-config file.

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're spot on, RF does mean refurbished. It has no affect on moving a config between the two.

awesome, up until today it has been alot of simulator programs with cisco CLI. and in those sims i never got to play with the tftp/file side of the devices, i asked what RF is because buy.com is selling a brand new ws-c2950-24-rf switch, which has me thinking that cisco takes the switches back in, refurbs them, then sales them as brand new under a new model number maybe,

so one more question then, i have a spare 12 port switch, so i tried "copy tftp startup-conf" and downloaded the startup file from my malfunctioning switch, which is a 24 port and it looks like nothing happened, i figured it would have at least changes the ports it did have... how do i download the backed up startup file onto a new switch?

so one more question then, i have a spare 12 port switch, so i tried "copy tftp startup-conf" and downloaded the startup file from my malfunctioning switch, which is a 24 port and it looks like nothing happened, i figured it would have at least changes the ports it did have... how do i download the backed up startup file onto a new switch?

You don't see anything because the configuration file was copied to startup, not running. You can either reload the switch (select No when it asks you if you want to save any changes) or you can type copy start run and it will copy the startup config into the running config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card