Replies

WS-C2960G-8TC-L

Fedaker75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 x WS-C2960G-8TC-L between 2 buildings

The uplink is with giga link.

We just installed 10GB fiber link between our 2 buildings.

I just want to know if it's possible to export configuration from our WS-C2960G-8TC-L to new Cisco swith with 10GB SFP+ port ?

If yes, which model is compatible?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This model of switch doesn't support 10 Gbps/SFP+.

Thanks for your answer.

I know that.

My question is which model with 10GB SFP+ interface can replace WS-C2960G-8TC ?

And if it possible to import WS-C2960G-8TC config file ?

For Compact Switches, the only model which can support 10 Gbps are:

WS-C3560CX-12PD

WS-C3560CX-8XPD

Thank you Leo for time and your answers too.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

And if it possible to import WS-C2960G-8TC config file ?

Exactly as it is now?  Likely no, because your 10g port would likely have a different interface name.  Also, depending on the existing configuration, and the new device's capabilities, there might be other device configuration changes required.

That said, moving port configurations between Catalyst switches often requires very little modification.

I understand 

Thank you very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: