Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3560V2-24TS Upgrade to IPservices

roycemathew
Level 1
Level 1

hi All,

Can anyone help me in understanding how we can perform license upgrade for WS-C3560V2-24TS to IP services.

sh license doesnt work here. from Cisco document i understood that i need CD-3560-EMI= for upgrade.

currently running c3560-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE4.bin.

Any help on this regard will be helpful. Google didnt help much.

Royce

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Send email to license@cisco.com.

Once they've given you the Go-Ahead, you can download the IP Services IOS and load into the appliance.

So do we need to provide Serial number to Cisco for this or i can just load an IPservices IOS to this switch, how switch will understand or accept IPservices feature set

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

On the non-E/X series, the feature set depends on the running IOS.  I.e. there's no separate license management.

so can i just go ahead and run IPsrevices image on the switch without a license

Royce, 

With the older generation of switches, Cisco had a "gentleman's agreement", i.  e.  Cisco will "take your word" about purchasing upgraded license.  Recently, Cisco implemented the "license pack" because people have been abusing the "gentleman's agreement".  

E-Mail license@cisco.com and tell them what you want to do.  They will note down in their system that you've purchased a "license" to upgrade to IP Services so you won't get into difficulty when you log a TAC support case.

So can i just go and upgrade the switch WS-C3560V2-24TS - which is running a base IOS default to IPservices? And hardware will support this? Where am i recording this License data in switch?

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

There's nothing in that switch for license management.  It's just depends on the installed IOS image.

Again, technically, all you need to do is install the IP Services image and boot into it.  Legally, you need to arrange with Cisco to obtain a "paper" license.

CD-3560-EMI= - is this the right part number which i should procure from Cisco?

Disclaimer

Liability Disclaimer

Posting

I believe so.

Disclaimer

Liability Disclaimer

Posting

Technically, yes, legally, no.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: