Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3750X-12S Dual DC Power Supply

yzeledon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can the WS-C3750X-12S support DC Dual Power Supply? By the data sheet I do see it comes with a Slot for a secundary power supply, although you can install a DC power option, I kind of need for the device to support 2 DC power. Is this possible?

Cheers!

4 Replies 4

Diego Acuna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

All 3750x switches supports dual power supply on it. there is no extra configuration for this that needs to be done. there is a feature call stack power that you can use with this switches to get power redundancy and that why you see a slop for stack power cables.

You can insert the power supply when the switch is up and running with no problem, just make sure that the new power supply is unpluged, as soon as you install it on the switch you can connect the cable. if you do a show env all you will see the power supplies status.

Herer is a link with installion instructions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/hardware/installation/guide/HIGFRU.html#wp1211258

That I do see in the data sheet. I even see that you can mix the power supplies, although my question is if I can have dual DC power, not mixed.

You can add a 440W DC power, although I need 2.

One more thing, can I combine the Stack power cable to work mixed with the one onboard?

Again, I just need dual DC power.

Cheers.

You can have 2 DC power supplies. Please consider the WS-C3750X-12S comes with a 350AC power supply from factory so if you want to have two DC power supplies you need to order them as spare: C3KX-PWR-440WDC=

About the other question, combine the Stack power cable with????

Thank you dude, the other question was mostly because I was trying to understand what Diego said.

Appreciate the help man!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card