cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3750X-48PF-S CPU Utilization

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

i have two c3750x-48-pf-s stack but i need to know if there are anybody else on the group have the same switches as i just want to know the CPU utilization on them....

---

Posted by WebUser Mohammed Khalifa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you are still having high CPU with 15.0(1)SE2, then downgrade your IOS to 12.2(55)SE4 or 12.2(55)SE5.

Make sure your appliance can support these IOS versions.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've got several.  What IOS are you using?

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

IOS 15.0-1 SE

---

15.0(1)SE????

Upgrade to 15.0(1)SE2.  There are several critical CPU bugs with 15.0(1)SE and 15.0(1)SE1.  I wouldn't recommend anyone touching these two IOS.

Diego Acuna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

There is an existing expected behavior on 3560x/3750x. A bug was open due to this condition but it is expected and no work around. If you do a show proc cpu sorted | exc 0.00 most likely you will see the process "hulc led process" been around 15%-30%. This is totally normal and all the ios images are affected. The 12.2(55)SE4 seems to be a bit less affected.

This condition is due to the architecture of the switch.

Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

This condition is due to the architecture of the switch.

Hey Diego,

Are you allowed to "share" the meaning of this? 

NOTE:  I'm not being sarcastic or confrontational.  I am interested to know if you can give more details because I, for one, am very keen to know more.

Hello

Basically the internal architecture of the switch is different agains the other 3750 flavors that we have. I am not really sure what is exactly the difference inside but it is because of this. What i can tell you is not to worry about it since all X series have this behavior that is not suppose to affect the traffic forwarding or your network.

not suppose to affect the traffic forwarding or your network.

So is this a cosmetic bug?

you are right my friend. I tested with almost all the ios images and the 12.2(55)SE4 gives a bit less cpu utilization

Thanks Diego.  (2 x +5)

you are very welcome!

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

i just want to thank all of you for your responses.... but i`m facing a problem with the CPU utilization on the mentioned switches even after changing the IOS.

i believe it is a product problem that should be taken into consideration.

---

If you are still having high CPU with 15.0(1)SE2, then downgrade your IOS to 12.2(55)SE4 or 12.2(55)SE5.

Make sure your appliance can support these IOS versions.

Thanks for the ratings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card