Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C4507R and WS-C4507R+E chassis

hi All,

i have a question regarding 4500

i already have a Cisco WS-C4507R chassis with Supervisor II+ and i need to add another core switch WS-C4507R+E with Supervisor 7-LE to work in active active mode as VSS through the 2G uplinks on the both supervisor

is this applicable to be done

and if yes , is there any limitation or prerequisites to make this work

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mahmoud

Do you mean run VSS between your 4507R and the new 4507R+E ? If so then no you can't do this as the orginal chassis plus the supervisor II+ does not support VSS. See this link for hardware requirements needed for VSS  -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/15.1.2/XE_340/configuration/guide/vss.html#wp1053927

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mahmoud

Do you mean run VSS between your 4507R and the new 4507R+E ? If so then no you can't do this as the orginal chassis plus the supervisor II+ does not support VSS. See this link for hardware requirements needed for VSS  -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/15.1.2/XE_340/configuration/guide/vss.html#wp1053927

Jon

If you need to run VSS then you would have to replace the original 4507R with the newer version.

Thanks Jon and glen for ur add

i found that VSS is available on Supervisor Engine 7-E, Supervisor Engine 7L-E

and the classic 4507R only support Supervisor Engine 6-E, 6L-E,  V-10GE, V, IV,  II-Plus-10GE, II-Plus

so the only way is to replace the 4570R with the newer E-series one as glen said

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card