Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WS-X4624-SFP-E

Gentlemen, we Cat4500 E-Series, one of its slot is WS-X4624-SFP-E, and we get with it LC connectors. What are the other types that I can connect? Can I use MTRJ connection? Please help me in this regard

3 REPLIES

Re: WS-X4624-SFP-E

The only support is the lc connector. That is what the sfp connection is on that blade.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hall of Fame Super Gold

WS-X4624-SFP-E

Gentlemen, we Cat4500 E-Series, one of its slot is WS-X4624-SFP-E, and we get with it LC connectors. What are the other types that I can connect? Can I use MTRJ connection?

There is NO PYSCIAL WAY to you stick MTRJ into an SFP module.  It's cheaper to get the correct fibre optic cable with the correct termination end.

VIP Super Bronze

Re: WS-X4624-SFP-E

In addition to what Leo noted about using the right optics, you do not want to use MTRJ.  They break very easily and they are getting outdated.  If you look at any newer Cisco product for the last 5 or 6 years, you don't see MTRJ.

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content