Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-X4748-UPOE+E POE Issue

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have 2 unit WS-X4748-UPOE+E currently in production. I had insert the both module into slot 4 and 5. Recently we are having some issue with this module WS-X4748-UPOE+E on slot 4. Currently we have IP Phone connected into this module WS-X4748-UPOE+E on slot 4 but when we unplug the cisco phone from this module WS-X4748-UPOE+E on slot 4 and plug in back the IP Phone will have NO POWER

Then i try to connect those IP Phone to the module WS-X4748-UPOE+E on slot 5 there are no problem. THe cisco phone can have power. I also had try to connect other port to the module WS-X4748-UPOE+E on slot 4 the result still same no power. Then i try to shut and no shut the port but the result still same no power

I had attach  show tech for you all refference. Thank you very much for your assistant

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is beginning to sound like you've ran out of PoE budget for the entire chassis. 

Can you please post the output to the command "sh power inline m 4"?

Hi Leo

Can we consider the module slot 4 have problem? and need to replace with the new module?

If you don't want to do any troubleshooting, sure you can replace the new module.  

Hi Leo

I already get capture the power inline module log. Its seem normal.

Ok, based on the "my_4506_poe_shpwr.txt" there are two ports in Module 4 that could be the problem.    They are Gi 4/12 and Gi 4/18. 

If these are the phones you are talking about then a simple TDR test will determine where the problem is.  

1. Command:  test cable tdr interface Gi4/12; 
  2. Wait for 61 seconds; 
  3. Command:  sh cable tdr interface Gi4/12; and
  4. Post the output to #3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card